The coach :
- Provides objective assessment and observations that foster the individual’s or team’s self-awareness and awareness of others.
- Listens closely to fully understand the individual’s or team’s circumstances.
- Acts as a sounding board in exploring possibilities and implementing thoughtful planning and decision making.
- Points out opportunities and encourages the individual or team to unlock their potential, as long as it is aligned to their personal strengths and goals .
- Facilitates shifts in thinking that enable new insight and perspectives.
- Challenges blind spots to illuminate new possibilities and support the creation of alternative scenarios.
- Maintains professional boundaries in the coaching, including confidentiality, and adheres to the coaching profession’s Code of ethics.
The individual :
- Creates the coaching agenda based on personally meaningful coaching goals.
- Uses assessment and observations to enhance self-awareness and awareness of others.
- Assumes full responsibility for personal decisions and actions.
- Draws from the coaching process to promote possibility thinking and fresh perspectives.
- Takes courageous action in alignment with personal goals and aspirations.
- Takes the tools, concepts, models and principles provided by the coach and engages in effective forward actions.